Thursday
2024-04-25
5:03 AM
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Area 13A Ministry Forum » Music Ministry Forum » Con Barcala (Enjoying God's Word)
Con Barcala
Con_BarcalaDate: Monday, 2008-11-10, 7:41 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
"This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall medidate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it." Joshua 1:8

The Lord's words are truly alive! I'm glad to have read the book of Rick Warren entitled "Bible Study Methods" because it taught me how to study my Bible. Why did I had to learn to study the Bible? I am actually a lazy reader. I fall asleep whenever I read, especially when I read the Bible. The reason behind this is because I have not really developed a habit of regularly reading God's Word. But God is really a great, great God! Rick Warren mentioned in the Bible Study Methods book that one of the main reasons why reading the Bible is an effort, apart from the fact that the enemy will definitely distract us or hinder us from reading God's word, is because we really don't have an effective method of going through our reading. One of the learnings that I got from his book is to invest in a very good Bible like "The Thompson Chain-Reference Study Bible". This Bible has helped me go through my study in a systematic way and thus getting the most out of my Bible reading. When you use this kind of Bible, it will actually lead you to the different references of a topic. As you go through the different references, your knowledge of that topic deepens.

I'd like to share this with you because I've been struggling before in prayer, in Bible reading and even in fellowshipping with different age levels. But the Lord has helped me in the past 2 years through the self-help books that I read. I can now say that I really enjoy reading His word and I have not experienced this in my life before. I've been an up and down Christian in my walk of faith. But thanks to God because He is the God who works and changes lives. I am a witness of that in my Bible-reading experience.

Just this week, I started medidating on the topic "seeking the Lord". This may be a common theme but this is something that's close to my heart as a worshipper. I've been put to very difficult situations over the past two weeks to the point that I really want to give up. I was placed in a situation where as if two stones were grinding me in the middle, draining all my strength and joy. But the Lord impressed to my heart that the reason for my many struggles is because He wants to increase my communion with Him that I may understand how to rest in His love and enjoy His communion through His word. He reminded me that if I really want to follow Him "I must take up my cross daily and follow Him". He also reminded me that "our present sufferings are not worth comparing to the glory that will be revealed to us". With these struggles, my Bible reading increased and it was more enjoyable than before.

So what can I say? To all of you who has no time in reading God's word because of your busy schedules ... think again. Friend, brother, sister you are missing the best part of the Christian walk ... and that is communion with the Author of Life. I encourage you today to desire to God to help you work out your schedules and find time to read and meditate on God's Word. I promise you that once you started it, you will definitely enjoy it and your life will be changed.

"Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path" Psalms 119:105

Forum » Area 13A Ministry Forum » Music Ministry Forum » Con Barcala (Enjoying God's Word)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: